Basketball League Registration
BASKETBALL REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Contacts for Questions Regarding:
Registration & Payment:
Administrative & Financial Assistant
phone: (360) 448-7089
> Send Jordan an Email
Practice & Game Schedule:
Youth Basketball Coordinator
> Send Bob an Email
General Questions or Concerns:
Youth Basketball Director
phone: (360) 313-5692
> Send John an Email
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I still register?
Q. Where will practices be held?
A. Locations are determined once teams are formed.
- 1st-2nd grade practices and games are always held at the CGJ BGC in Hazel Dell or Anderson ES because they have adjustable hoops.
- 3rd-4th grade practices and games are always held at Felida ES or Eisenhower ES because they have adjustable hoops.
- 5th-6th grade practices are held at Lake Shore ES, Roosevelt ES, or Hazel Dell ES. Games are held at Jefferson Middle School or Lake Shore ES.
Q. When will practices be held?
A. At the camp (schedule above) you will be able to request a preferred practice day.
Q. How often and at what times are practices?
A. Practices are held once a week for 1.5 hours, typically 6-7:30. Again, once teams are formed coaches will be contacting parents about practice day, time and location.
Our goal it to provide a high quality option as a youth development basketball program for boys and girls in first through sixth grade. We work to keep our fees low, so that all youth can afford to participate without compromising the quality of instruction, skill development, organization, or enthusiasm!
Coach Bob Benson is the BGC Youth Basketball Director. Coach Benson has 30 years of coaching experience, including a combined 18 years Varsity boys’ basketball at Hudson’s Bay and Skyview High Schools. Through this program, Coach Benson will train volunteer coaches via a coaching clinic in order to provide quality instruction to all players.
- Open to boys and girls in grades 1-6
- Separate leagues for boys and girls
- Buddy requests welcome
- Coach requests open
- $65 (current member fee) or $85 (non-member fee)/ 10-week Session
- Reduced fees available (send us an email for more information)
- Focus on fundamentals, teamwork and sportsmanship
- All camps, games, and practices held at VSD facilities
- 1 Pre-Season Hoop Camp
- 1 practice each week (1.5 hours each)
- 8 games (Fridays or Saturdays)
- 1 Post-Season Skills Competition
- Volunteer Coaches may register their own teams — we will add players to meet the 10 player minimum
- Coaches Clinic provided to each Volunteer Coach
- One child of a volunteer coach may participate at no cost
- Hoop heights range from 8—10 feet, based on grade level or team preference
Interested in coaching? We could use your help. Please print the following forms and return to your Club.
Full refunds are available through the first week of each session. After the first week, credit equal to the amount paid to be applied to future sessions.
*** Session 2 Begins JANUARY 22, 2013! ***